"Using Middle America as her muse, Kowch draws the history of a particular place -- invariably rural -- to the surface as it collides with a new reality in layers of metaphor and moodiness. The faces of her women may remind you of characters in a Tim Burton film."
--Steve Parks, Newsday

Friday, April 18, 2008

CMYK Issue #40 Hits Newsstands!

























The CMYK #40 Spring Issue containing the winners of the "Call for Aspiring Creatives" competition is finally out, folks! I just received my copy in the mail this week! Remember when I said it would really hit me, once I'd see it printed? (for those who missed my previous post explaining all this click here.) Well, I literally screamed when I opened to the page with my piece on it. Again, I am deeply honored to be showcased among the country's top up-and-coming illustration and design creatives; there's a wealth of inspiration and talent in these pages, and it's mind-blowing to be a part of it all. Make sure you go and pick up your copy, available where magazines are sold. You can also order one from their super cool website, http://www.cmykmag.com/.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, I can't picture you screaming... but I believe it. Can't wait to see it!

William M said...

Andria, this is so great! Im so excited for you! Im going to buy a copy today! I am glad that you liked my passpost picture, lol.