"Using Middle America as her muse, Kowch draws the history of a particular place -- invariably rural -- to the surface as it collides with a new reality in layers of metaphor and moodiness. The faces of her women may remind you of characters in a Tim Burton film."
--Steve Parks, Newsday

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New projects & new work



Happy Autumn, everyone! My favorite season is here and there are a lot of new, exciting things going on! Two new paintings have recently been uploaded to the gallery section of my website, www.andreakowchillustration.com, so be sure to visit. I will post and discuss them here on the blog soon, too, so stay tuned and check them out on my site in the meantime.

I'm also officially scheduled to have another solo exhibition next summer at RJD Fine Arts Gallery, which I am super-excited about, and I'm currently beginning work on a major painting for two really great clients, which I will reveal at a later date. More large-scale work to come!

I also recently collaborated on a promotional shoot (see image) with emerging photographer, Lindee Robinson, currently a third-year student at my alma mater CCS, who's work totally rocks. Check her out on ModelMayhem and Facebook. I thought I'd share the teaser preview above of my model, Jennifer, and I in character and on location. It was one cold, blustery day for a shoot, and by the end of it, I was literally numb. A great time was had by all, though; more photos to come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the new painting!

Carolyn said...

Really interesting stuff, I like it a lot!

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I agree with, Lee! New paintings are awesome and I love this photo. It's VERY you! Autumn is also my favorite season! Glad to hear things are going well, Andrea!