"Using Middle America as her muse, Kowch draws the history of a particular place -- invariably rural -- to the surface as it collides with a new reality in layers of metaphor and moodiness. The faces of her women may remind you of characters in a Tim Burton film."
--Steve Parks, Newsday

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great Video. . .

Sacred Spirit - The Counterclockwise Circle Dance
(Ly O Lay Ale Loya)












A beautiful video. I was so excited to find the actual music video for this song from the first Sacred Spirit album. They are one of my favorite groups, and I just absolutely love this song from their Grammy-nominated series. I've had these CDs for a really long time, and NEVER get tired of listening to them. The fusion of modern electronic beats merged with traditional Native American chants is completely transcending, almost similar to Enigma - my all-time fave. And the video, I think, sends a beautiful and powerful message. I was also surprised to find that the actress in this video (Irene Bedard) was the original voice and model for Disney's Pocahontas. Pretty cool. So take a break, sit back, and make sure you turn this one up. I guarantee you'll be moved and will want to hear it again and again.

If you like what you hear, go pick up a copy. For each CD sold, a donation is made to the Native American Rights Fund.

No comments: