"Using Middle America as her muse, Kowch draws the history of a particular place -- invariably rural -- to the surface as it collides with a new reality in layers of metaphor and moodiness. The faces of her women may remind you of characters in a Tim Burton film."
--Steve Parks, Newsday

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cool review by "The Jealous Curator"



I came across a neat review of my work on The Jealous Curator blog, a wonderful and witty site that discusses some brilliant work by a slew of amazing contemporary artists. I'm stoked to have been included. See what the curator thinks: http://www.thejealouscurator.com/blog/2011/02/28/im-jealous-of-andrea-kowch/ and be sure to check out all the other cool art and artists discussed there, too!

2 comments:

William R. Moore said...

Andrea,
What was your reasons for the white turkey? I see it as a design device that leads the eye from the forward figure to the second figure continuing the circular movement of the composition. Does the turkey have any symbolic or other reason to your concept.

Another fine painting...I enjoy your work.

William R. Moore said...

I meant my comment for your Saturday, March 12, 2011 post.