"Using Middle America as her muse, Kowch draws the history of a particular place -- invariably rural -- to the surface as it collides with a new reality in layers of metaphor and moodiness. The faces of her women may remind you of characters in a Tim Burton film."
--Steve Parks, Newsday

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays, Friends




One of my favorite holiday traditions when I was a child was being allowed to unwrap one of my gifts on Christmas Eve while watching The Snowman. This beautiful animated classic, along with the entire series of Beatrix Potter tales brought to life on video, were favorites, that, to this day, I still love just as much as I did then. Since I've grown up, the beauty of this film's theme song never fails to make me teary-eyed. I thought I'd share it with you along with some personal photos, in hopes that you, too, will be moved to take a few moments out of your busy holiday schedules to revisit your imagination and walk in the air. :)

Wishing you all a joyous holiday season - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I USED TO LOVE WATCHING THE SNOWMAN TOO! WHAT A CLASSIC!